Moe, Celine, Moshi, Rhid and Apit were the Ghostbumpers of part three.
It is like each trip beats the previous one. Things are getting better. Or maybe we're just choosing better places?
After a gig at One Cafe, we drove to Kajang and met Mio and had him give us directions to the area where he told us to hang out for the night, near an empty land above the Islam cemetery. Despite the directions, it took us ages and ages to find the goddamn place, so our journal this time covers the whole of our car trip as we searched for the area near the Islam cemetery.
.The search for the spot.
It was definitely a real test for our patience, nerves and enthusiasm. We entered the area (Taman Sri Minang, or whatever it was called) and started looking for the road towards the cemetery. Could not find it.
We hit a lot of dead ends, a lot of uphills and had to detour back to town to fill up the tank when we realized we had very little fuel left. Out, and back in. Got the feeling of being lost many times.
- The first sign was as we hit a dead end and suddenly many dogs barked and wailed at the same time. Could be just coincidence, but it was a sign that somewhere around the area, there was "activity".
- Moshi saw a shadow in a shape of a human not far from the car as we drove past a junction.
- Apit saw beneath the trees a figure crouching down.
- As we drove through a straight road with left and right turnings, Celine thought she saw something on the far end of a left turning as they passed. As they passed a right turning, Moe said out loud "I just saw something at the end of the right turning." Same figure? Hm.
- Everybody had this sickly heavy feeling clogging up the car's atmosphere as we drove around.
- Rhid pointed out that she saw a black figure by the side of the road, near a house.
- As the car drove past a silver gate, Celine noticed that at the far end of the gate, the car's lights did not go through to behind the gate, but sort of reflected against something.
- Moe saw a clear figure of a person behind the sugar canes as we passed by a compound.
We paused at a brightly lit playground to get some fresh air. Headed back into the car. Celine pointed out then that her headache came back every time she went back into the car. Moe pointed out the weird noise that occurred in the engines when everybody got out. Something was wrong in the car.
- Moshi and Celine spotted the same shadow sort of lingering behind a fence, quite high up.
- Celine saw a white-ish figure at a dead-end as we were reversing away to go out. When the car lights hit on it, there was a plain clearing but as the car reversed away, Celine saw the figure.
- Rhid kept feeling nauseated all the way through and noticed several figures here and there.
.Finally... we found it.
Yes. We did. We finally came by the Islam cemetery and the thick atmosphere hit us with a force indescribable. We stopped in front of the gates of the piece of land (similar to the Bukit Tunku thing)
- Moe was reversing towards the gate and told us to look behind. "Just look at the road" he said, but Celine was already looking at the gates. She saw a shadow.
- We turned off the lights of the car and turned on the aircond. Everything was pretty quiet. It was peaceful at first. Then we started seeing things. Feeling things. Moe pointed out the fuel. It was low again. Celine told him to turn off the engine.
- Moe turned it off so quickly the outside silence slapped our ears. It almost hurt. Celine pointed out that we should keep on talking like normal. Moe didn't reply. He was silent for over a minute. Then he let out a gasping cough. Later on, he explained he felt like he was choking.
- This is the spine-chilling part. As Celine saw a shadow 'whoosh' by the left window, a weird "crrrrrrrrr" sound was softly surrounding us. We were all still and it was obvious all of us could hear it. We also heard a creepy drumming from afar. We started talking, panicking a bit, but trying to remain cool when suddenly Moe went "Shh!"
- The "crrrrrr" sound was growing, it was getting louder, and as it got louder Celine felt the space around her tightening and her body going stiff. Her eyes were burning, alike with Moe's and everyone's headache increased. Everyone said "Let's just go now."
- Rhid's warning to tell Moe to drive was the most anxious. As we drove away she told us as the noise got louder, she saw something crawling out from underneath the leaves near the gates. Celine had looked there when the engines had turned off, and saw the shadow she saw previously still there.
-We drove away with an usual weight on the car. It was going way too slow. Moe hit the roof of the car three times. As we drove away from the darkness, the weight lifted.
We sped away and suddenly Moe's arm was itching like mad, and Celine's left eye swelled, her head stung and her eyes felt burnt and heavy. With a few prayers continuously repeated, the swelling decreased and the burning went away too.
We felt so much presence there, we might return there again on a later date. And spend much longer.
Til' the next haunt,